Yearning for that flawless jaw line and fat-free face? You must have considered a lot of options for the same. But did you know that facial rejuvenation through aesthetic surgery is said to be the most successful treatment amongst all! Usually, people aged 40-70 are more likely to seek facial rejuvenation options, as the skin loses its stiffness due to ageing.
Earlier, facelift surgery simply tightened the skin but with significant progress in cosmetology, face lifts can now reposition the muscles, skin and fat altogether. As the technique and process of conducting the procedure has evolved, evaluate it thoroughly before considering it to upgrade your facial features.
What is a facelift surgery?
Facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that involves tightening the loose and hanging skin of the jaw line, removing creases around the mouth and nose area and tightening the skin under the chin and neck area. Facelift surgery also includes making the underlying tissues stiff to enhance the forehead, cheeks, brows and eyelids. More and more people are heading for this treatment to look more youthful.
How is it performed?
Before commencing the surgery, the doctor will review your medical history and check your blood pressure, blood clotting, medications, allergies, scarring and other skin ailments, if any. Once this is done, the surgery process will start. Since it is an outpatient procedure, you might be given general anesthesia or sedatives. Next, an incision will be made from the front side of the ear to the hairline or scalp where the skin is lifted from deeper facial muscles and fat. This will help in tightening the face’s deeper tissues which are then closed with the help of sutures or at times, staples. A drain would be then placed under the skin behind the ear for one or two days, to remove any excess blood and fluids and bandages are applied.
Pointers to remember while undergoing facelift surgery
If you are considering facelift surgery to get a transformed look for your face, then keep the following pointers in mind:
• Choose facelift surgery only when you are in good mental and physical health. People with severe medical ailments are recommended not to undergo this surgical procedure.
• If you are suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure, then do not opt for facelift surgery.
• People with good skin elasticity and bone structures are more likely to get successful results early.
• Avoid the intake of aspirin or other blood thinners for at least one week prior to the surgery.
• Patients are expected to have realistic approach towards the treatment. Facelift surgery reshapes the facial features and is not an anti-ageing treatment.
To give your face an enhanced look, Clinic Dermatech offers aesthetic surgery procedures that deliver 100% results in transforming your older look. With the help of advanced techniques and equipment, our doctors will perform this procedure as per your medical condition.